1. I’ve ridden both an elephant and an ostrich in Africa. I loved the elephant, but memories of the ostrich race still makes me laugh. It desperately needs to be in a book one day.
2. I spent a summer as a counselor at a kid’s camp in Fairbanks, Alaska. Try getting young kids to sleep when the sun never sets.
3. I once caught a 150 lb Halibut off a fishing boat in Valdez. It’s an ugliest fish I hope to ever see in person.(commence Googling).
4. I’m only one state away from visiting every state. Roadtrip to North Dakota? Anyone?
5. I watched a bald eagle soar from the city walls of Sienna, Italy the day after 911. And wept.
6. It took my mom three days of labor to give birth to me in Johannesburg, South Africa. That’s why I believe in long birthday celebrations of her.
7. Don’t eat food from the side of the road in Colombia, no matter how sweet the people are. And definitely don’t attempt a three hour church service after with no idea where the bathroom is. ‘Nuff said.
8. Switzerland doesn’t really need church buildings. The people live in one. Those mountains made me more aware of Gods majesty than I have ever found words for.
9. I can still smell the aroma of a cattle bath from our time living on a farm in Zimbabwe. Some smells last forever.
10. Adventure is my passion, but there’s nothing like having my friends, family, and readers along for the journey. 💕 If you can’t laugh about it with your peeps, what’s the point?
Tracy’s Writing Journey:
I fell in love with books from the moment I could read, devoured every book I could lay my hands on, ended up in a career working with authors, and finally found the courage to write the stories I constantly create in my mind.
My writing journey started with my frustration at finding clean, gripping books that my kids would love. I’d read everything on their school bookshelves, and everything adult and YA in my local library and finally decided to see if I could do it better. Of course, being a lifelong romantic, my stories had to include the wonder of falling in love, but they also needed drama, substance, adventure, and heart.
I am constantly working at honing my craft, and in the process I’ve also discovered my passion isn’t just reading other people’s stories, it’s bringing my stories and characters to life. My readers have told me they miss my characters for weeks after they finish the story, and nothing makes me happier than creating friends and worlds that feel so real that you can’t wait to visit them again.
I graduated from Oral Roberts University with a BA in music, a minor in Pastoral Care and Counseling, and an enormous bookshelf full of books. I went on to study at Rhema Bible Training Center thinking I was going into pastoral and music ministry. However, I ended up as co-owner of a graphic design business, Jones House Creative, where my husband, Matt, and I have the joy of working with over eighty authors to help them to tell their stories.
For the last eleven years, I have blogged at www.tracyjoyjones.com and have spoken at women’s conferences as well as through the platform of my parent’s international ministry, Liberated Living Ministries. I continue to love God, write daily, read voraciously, garden, create, love life, travel often as I can, while loving my husband, Matt, and raising my three kids in Jenks, Oklahoma.
Visit Jones House Creative to find out more about our graphic design business.